Home at Last?


Un packing

It's more than a week since I came back from Cebu. I am almost back to my normal routine again. Well...Almost. My bag are still unpacked. They lay sullen and in chaos along with my books in my room. I have changed bed sheets of my parents' bed but there are still stuff at a disarray. I have not yet arranged my things. Getting my groove back seems to be an on going work in progress.

It is almost a year since I am left by my family in the Philippines. I am not new to this distance from loved ones. I have been living on my own since college. Somehow there is a certain emptiness in my house. I am used to leaving my family to study or work somewhere else but it's different when you are the one who is left behind. Now it's almost a year I still can't fill the spaces. Somehow home seems to be where I am and not where I live.

Double Decking

All my life I have been moving from one place to the next that I don't really have a specific place that I really felt at home. Right now even though I got the whole house to myself I'd rather go somewhere else. When I was in Cebu at first I had to go adjust to new surroundings. I lived in a boarding house for women. I had room mates. Sadly I did not really got to know them. I just knew their names when I saw the list my land lady posted on the door. My room mates were sisters. The older sister worked at a real estate company (I don't know as what but I gathered that info looking at her office uniform) and the younger girl studies at San Carlos. I assume her course is Accounting based on the accounting books laying everywhere. They seemed to be happy girls, I couldn't really tell based on my observations that they were having any problems. Landlady told me that were super late with rent. I saw how much they owed the place when monthly accounting of payments was posted on the boarding house door. Somehow I am sad for them because there was a point that my landlady had to let them go. Even though I don't know the real story I do offer a prayer for the two. I pray that wherever they would go things would be better.

Condo living

The company only payed for two months so when my time was up I left and went to live at my Boss' condo. For the remaining 3 weeks I got to stay at the quaint condo. I really liked living there because its fully furnished. It's a mini home. When I arrived the place my first reaction was "Yehey there is a ref!". I made plans already on what things I could put it there. After my initial grocery I immediately made ice! hehehe There was also an electric stove. Sad, I only got to use it once since I really don't know how to cook. I really liked the idea a place of your own. Where you can plan things and not think twice what would your mother think. Hopefully one day I get to have that.

Well now that I am back here in my good old house, I still feel I have not yet arrived home. Hopefully one day I get to say I'm home and I'm going to stay.

This is the view from the mini balcony of the condo

0 comments:

Post a Comment