Boredom. Trying to get by....

There are days when I am swamped with work. Then there are days when I just wait for a new task. Days like these I have to be creative in order to survive the day (and avoid falling asleep). Today are one of those days....zzzz.

I'm such a restless person most of the time. I have be doing something. I try to juggle reading, writing, watching, and creating something.

My ways to get by my boredom

Reading
I read a lot. Now I don't have so much time in reading that I do it in between everything. I read the book They Whisper by Robert Olen Butler when I wake up....when I'm in the toilet (hehehe). When I'm in the office and I read blogs and recently I started reading manga too. After office when I am waiting for my bf I read the first book in Charlaine Harris Southern vampire series.

Watching
I don't watch tv but I love watching movies and TV series. In my lunch time I usually watch the scrubs or the latest movie I have downloaded. I had just finished watching Slumdog. Lately I have been watching oscar nominated movies. Somehow what I am watching is connected to what I am reading. Like for example True Blood I had just finished season 1. I liked the series when I learned that it's based on a book series I bought myself a boxed set and not I am reading the first book. It's not always watching it first. With Gossip Girl me and sister had been reading the series a long time ago. When I learned that it was made into a series I wanted to see it. Movies or series aren't usually faithful to the book.

Writing
I am not really a good writer. My spelling is bad and my grammar needs adjusting most of the time but that doesn't really stop me from writing. This is just one of my outlets. I used to write poems and stories right now all I could do is blog.

Creating
I promised myself that this year I will strive to creative more stuff like drawings, photography sets, paintings and what not. I have been low in this part. This involes a lot of focus and time. These days I seems to ran out of that.

Everyday I try not to waste my time and stare at space but there are times when my top four boredom busters don't work I usually really in my imagination and just day dream. hehehe

What do you do when your bored?

0 comments:

Post a Comment