Do not blog about work

I have read articles about people who get fired because they blog something about their work. In my last company I almost got in trouble because of blogging. There was a memo released that it's not permitted to blog about your work and all the confidential stuff that comes with it. I didn't bad mouth my company that time but I guess I posted something about my work load...when the memo came out I immediately erased.

I am in a new company. It's an Advertising company. Confidentiality is a must. Even though I wanted to share to world my studies for my project I can't. I could tell small tidbits about it. I could post it when it is finally approved and released.

I am not also the type of person who bad mouths the company I work, or bitches about my officemates... especially the Boss. Even if there are no rules about that I'm not that mean nor stupid to do it.

One thing I want to blog about work though the little things I learn everyday. Like taking extra effort in the details, patience in checking the copy, trying to come up with better designs. Stuff that makes my day less boring and mundane.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though. Even so. We're sworn to secrecy I guess even if you just learned something new.
But then again, you can always keep it exclusive for friends only (aka private) in your preferences :p

Post a Comment