The Shinning

I'm a Stephen King fan. Since high school I tried reading all of his novels and his movies. I have read The shinning even watched the mini TV series remake. I haven't watched the Stanley Kubrick version. I am a horror fanatic. I do try to watch the latest horror flicks but I also try the classics. The shinning is one of the movies I want to watch.


This film had mixed views. Even Stephen King had apprehensions with this version (he even produced a mini tv series remake later). I am not a film critic I'm more of a horror film lover so I will not dwell on how the critics received the film. The movie did deviate from the novel. Still this version has spot in my heart. Others might not like the slow pacing but for me I liked. I guess I like my horror slow. I love the vast eerie empty interiors of the Outlook view hotel. If I were a little child I would definitely loved exploring this hotel.

A horror movie would not be complete without the carnage.


This scene is just sublime. Dexter would love this then again maybe (definitely it would remind him of his Mom).

I don't recommend this to everyone. Some could fall asleep in this movie. The scary moments aren't enough. But I love Jack Nicholson's portrayal of Jack Torrence. Thought it is not faithful to the book but he is one scary Dad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment