While my Officemates Where Away...

While my officemates went to Shanghai for a vacation I was also busy. Not really for the Kadayawan but I attended a wedding and a baptism. I had two days off plus Friday was also a holiday. Wednesday I was panic buying for a dress and a gift.

Earlier my Mom was invited to attend the wedding of her close friend Myrna Ong. We used to live near the Ong's in Damosa. My Moom said that I used to play with Ong children. I couldn't really remember because I was maybe 3-4 at that time. The Ong children were older than me. I got lost touch with them because we moved around a lot but my Mom never lost touch with Tita Myrna. Last time my Mom was also invited at Pearly's wedding. I was not around that time because I was in Manila. Mom was invited again to attend Lovely's wedding. Pearly is the second daughter and Lovely is the eldest. With lots of free time I decided to accompany my Mom to event. In the invitation it said the dress code was formal. I had to buy something because all my formal clothes are black. It is in tradition that you should wear black to the wedding. Wednesday I went shopping with my Mom.

I had a hard time finding something to wear. I am obviously not in my sexy state and so finding a dress is hard. Finding decent clothes here in Davao is also a challenge. After mall hopping I finally found a dress. Somehow luck was on my side, the dress was in a sale. I already had a pair of shoes at home so that was not a problem. I also manage to buy a gift for my future God daughter.

Saturday came. I wanted to have my hair done in a saloon because my hair is a mess but I woke up late so I had my sister blow dry my hair. I was not spectacular but at least it was its usual messy state.


Here is my gorgeous self....cough,cough well not really...


When I got to the Church I found the place was decorated nicely. Chandeliers where used to light the pathway toward the altar. Lots of white flowers. I really love the color of the dresses of the entourage. They wore teal! I thought the motif was dark blue because of the invitation but I like colors they used. From the principal sponsors to the cute little flowers girls everything was custom made. I was too shy to take pictures since I don't know them. I was also wearing 3 inch heels so taking pictures would take some effort.

I really wanted to take a picture of the beautiful Lovely but unfortunately my shots were blurry because of the low light. I didn't want to use flash...which was a mistake.


The wedding dinner was at 6 0'clocl but guests where served with cocktails. There were lots of chocolate, biscuits, nuts, candies and what not. There was also an open bar. I REALLY wanted to go there but I was with my Mom and my Mom does not know I drink. There was also a chocolate fountain. There was a large fresh fish for sushi. I didn't really much because I was preparing myself for dinner...even though the chocolate fountain was tempting.

When we finally got to Marco Polo's grand ball room, I was awestruck by the decorations. More beatiful large colored chandeliers, fresh white flowers and ambient lighting. The grand ball room didn't look the same..last time I was here when I took my IELTS exam. The room was really transformed. I wish I had a better camera with me. The dinner, the program...everything was superb. I really loved the dress Lovely wore for the reception. The designers went there and I could see that they were very proud of their creation. It was a very glamorous wedding. I have attended a number of weddings in my life and this was on top of my list.

The parade of food seems endless. There was a point where I wanted to eat more but I was already at a tipping point. I also fell in love with the dessert table. It was endless treats from Lachi's. It's my sister's and my favorite maker of cakes and sweets. I wanted to try everything but only manage to try four types.

I was happy that I did accompany my Mom to the said event. I got to see a very very beautiful wedding. Lovely and Roger is also a very happy couple. All through out the wedding they both keep of laughing and giggling. I didn't get to take a decent picture of the couple...bad digi cam.


here is the happy couple Lovely and Roger Gentugaya

When I got home I rummage through the give-away I got. I find the contents very sweet...literally sweet. A mug, a packet of cocoa, a packet of cappuccino, mints, kisses, and M&M's. Everything is personalized.




They even had the M&M's with their faces on it. My Mom doesn't want to eat her share.

*****
Sunday I was late for the Baptism. It was a double baptism of my nephew and niece. I am the God mother of Angel the younger one. After the baptism at church we went to my Cousin's house. It was actually a triple celebration. I was my cousin's birthday also.


Here I am with my God daughter Angel.

Next Saturday I am going attend again another wedding. It's going to be my cousin's wedding. I wouldn't be fancy but a simple affair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment