Book Finds

With a limited budget and book stores that only offer best sellers, a book lover like me have to resort to other sources to find my book fix. Well it's not just novels. I also look for graphic design books. Brand new graphic design books is really expensive. So I go to the ukay-ukay version of books, second hand bookstores.

Looking for a good book at second hand shop can be a challenge. You should know what you are looking for. I happy that I get to find good graphic design books that cheap. They are not the latest editions but still they can still be very good reference. I know you can do your research through the internet nowadays but nothing beats a tangible book in your hands.

My latest finds:
Inspirability: 40 Top Designers Speak About What Inspires -Pash
For Sale. Over 200 Innovative Solutions in Packaging Design -John Foster
Designing with type. A Basic Course in Typography -James Craig and William Bevington

Inspirability: 40 Top Designers Speak About What Inspires -Pash

It's hard for graphic designers to stay inspired when they're constantly working to deadlines. Inspirability gives them a fresh look at how to keep those creative fires burning in the real world, with: Interviews with 40 design luminaries, including Stefan Sagmeister, Paula Scher, Milton Glaser and Chip Kidd; Fascinating pictures the designers have taken of themselves and their offices, as well as samples of their design work; Revealing insights into what inspires each designer on a day-to-day basis; This book offers an original take on one of the most requested topics by graphic designers. It's a must-have tool for lasting inspiration.


I am a person who remember names of notable people. I remember more of their works. This book feature 40 graphic designers, some I am familiar and then there are some who its my first time to encounter. This books is like peer on the minds of the other artists.

For Sale. Over 200 Innovative Solutions in Packaging Design -John Foster
For Sale showcases packaging designs from 50 top firms. 15 firms are showcased with several spreads of work samples and an in-depth interview to capture their creative process and best advice. Profiles include noted packaging designers Wink, Sub Pop, Werner Design Werks, Starbucks, Modern Dog, Turner Duckworth, Art Chantry, Fossil, Invisible Creature and more.


One of the things that I love with my job is packaging design. Looking at delightful packing never fails to inspire me.

Designing with type. A Basic Course in Typography -James Craig and William Bevington
This is more of a text book for graphic designers. In my time my typography teacher did not really dwell much on specifics. So now I really like reading about the basics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment