Inspiration VS Discouragement

When I am browsing through art blogs I discover several works of artists. I am not really good at names but I remember the different art styles. It's like knowing the lyrics of the song but can't really remember the specific title or the artist. But there are names that really stick with me.

These are the artist that really look up to. When one work of artist has an impact to it tends to lead to two things...inspiration or discouragement. There are certain works that when I see it makes me grab my pencil and start drawing. There are also works that are soooo good that makes me wonder about my skills.

I will give you concrete example.

May Ann Licudine





I stumbled into her blog when it was nominated in a blog award last year. I really love her style. Every time I see her works it really puts a smile on my face. She is close to my age and she is also a Pinay like me. She already known and has done a lot. She always inspires me to practice my illustration skills. Every time I feel down I always look at her works.

Paolo Ramirez





I found his site through the M magazine (he is the creative director). His name is so familiar that I decided to check his site out. He is Dabawenyo like me and there is a possibility that he was my classmate in my elementary. He has a very different art style than mine (well maybe there was a point of my life when I strive to do awesome portraits). I really love his realistic remditions of portraits. His works made me that skills seems to be inadequate. (I had to gobble a lot of chocolates afterward hehehe)

When I look at it I am usually inspired/discourage with young artists. When I was younger I really believed that one should be good even at a young age. I guess I was in hurry then. Now I have a different mantra. I did see that experience is also a key in developing your skills. Maybe I relate more to May Ann because I see myself in her. Paolo in the other hand seems to has a different set of discipline than mine. In the end of the day I still love them both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment