Love/Hate relationship of Making a Mock-up


After how many hours making the compre, after having it approved by my superiors I will finally make a mock-up for the presentation. A mock up will simulate what would your design will look like in real life. For example you designed a packaging for cologne. A mock-up would mean printing then sticking the label to the packaging (if you are lucky that the client gave a sample of what their bottle...if not then you have to find the closest thing).

Making the mock-up is good and a bad thing. For a Designer it could be fun and also can be frustrating. The process could be fun...for me its fun. It's my break from staring my PC for to long. Cutting cardboard can stress release. BUT if you are not focus in your cutting there is only a possibility you will cut yourself. Apparently yesterday I did cut myself.

After all the measuring and cutting now you will assemble it. Then you realized that your measurements were wrong or you had a mistake in cutting. It can be hell but you will see what not to do next time. After everything you will see the final product.

It's either you will love it (makes you feel you a design God) or see that it's another lame excuse for a packaging design (makes you wish you picked another line of work).

Yesterday I made a mock up for my menu. The printer here smaller compared to the printer in the Cebu office. I had to make a puzzle our of a big menu. I also miss the ruler, cutting mat and table in Cebu. After a days and a few cuts I finally finished the mock-up and board up of the studies. Hopefully the client will approve the studies. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment